National TU mission statement
We bring together diverse interests to care for and recover rivers and streams so our children can experience the joy of wild and native trout and salmon.
Chapter Vision Statement
Our vision is for current and future generations of the Upper Ark River Valley to enjoy, appreciate, and cherish our waters, and to carry on the mission of protecting the quality watershed for present and future generations.
To accomplish the above we encourage members to:
- Work actively on conservation projects, volunteering labor or expertise to clean up polluted streams, working to maintain adequate water flows, and educate ourselves and others about responsible stewardship.
- Communicate the joy and freedom of fishing to others.
- Take a young person fishing! Today’s youth are tomorrow’s leaders in Trout Unlimited.
- Seek to influence the decisions of those agencies and individuals who can affect our mission such as the Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Forest Service, Bureau of Land management, water boards, and elected officials.
- Foster ethical and sensible conservation practices among all users of our waters
- Share your fishing and conservation knowledge and experiences.
- Take a leadership role in an activity, a committee, as a member of the board of directors, or involvement with Colorado Trout Unlimited.
- Contribute financially to build and maintain the Chapter’s fiscal stability so it can continue it’s educational and conservation activities by donating goods or services for our annual fundraising campaign, general cash donations or remembering Collegiate Peaks Anglers in your will.
- Share your love and passion for our waters through fishing, picnicking, art, boating, writing, or just watching water flow, etc.
- Leave a legacy by being involved with our educational activities to involve the next generation of conservationists.
- Participate in chapter activities: It’s all about lending a hand, fellowship, and fun!