Please support this project with your donation!
- Develop local population of young citizens who know, understand and appreciate the diversity, beauty and value of our native river ecosystems.
- Restore natural stream channel and riparian areas. Improve stream flows to enhance aquatic life.
- Facilitate stream science classes for local schools.
- Create long-term site where local students learn to observe, measure, record and understand aquatic and other ecosystems.
- Students develop and maintain database over time.
- Local groups set-up studies of specific aquatic, terrestrial, amphibious, avian and vegetative organisms.
Collaboration among many stakeholders:
- Collegiate Peaks Chapter-TU (CPC-TU)
- Greater Arkansas River Nature Association (GARNA)
- Central Colorado Conservancy (CCC)
- Southwest Conservation Corps (SCC)
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW)
- City of Salida
- Rob Wikoff