The Collegiate Peaks Chapter of Trout Unlimited held its 33rd annual Caddis Festival Banquet and Auction on Saturday, May 5th, 2018, at the Chaffee County Fairgrounds in Poncha Springs.
Early May is the traditional time of the year that the caddis hatch reaches the Salida area of the Arkansas River. Anglers from far and wide descend upon the river to test their skills at fooling trout with a caddis fly imitation. The Caddis Festival Banquet is a great way to top off a day on the river.
Doors and cash bar open at 5 PM, followed by a catered buffet dinner at 6:45. Tickets are $30 in advance ($35 at the door) and youth tickets (12 and under) are $15. This is the chapter’s primary conservation fundraising event of the year with the proceeds going to a wide variety of activities including habitat improvement projects, stream restoration, youth & adult education, college scholarships, trail maintenance and the ever-popular kid’s fishing derbies.
Chapter members will be receiving a letter with a registration form. Please send it in with your reservations as soon as possible. Non-members are also encouraged to attend. There will be lots of fun for everyone, including silent and live auction items and special bucket raffles!
It’s a great time, and very important for the support of CPA activities, including the Kids Fishing Derbies, college scholarships, and support for our environmental projects.
For more information, contact Pam Simpson, Caddis Festival Planning Committee Chair, 719-395-7788; moc.l1519086934iamg@1519086934ppmis1519086934skp1519086934
Put it on your calendar NOW!
PLEASE support last year’s donors & sponsors, many whom support us yearly.
Many great items for the 2017 event! See below:
- 2 for 1 package for 7 days at Alagnak Lodge in Alaska. Package includes lodging, meals and guided fishing. Does not include air transportation from your home to Alagnak Lodge, fishing licenses or gratuities. Valid 7/1/17-8/25/17. Great fishing for all species of Salmon. Alagnak – Where the fish come to you.
- 50% off an Alaska fishing trip for up to 8 people. Package inlcudes 5 days and 5 nights, fully guided, lodging and food at the Legend Lodge. Air flights from Illiamna to the Lodge and back are included. Does not include air transportation from your home to Illiamna, fishing licenses or gratuities. Valid 2017 season only. Outstanding fishing in a rustic lodge setting. (Special rate of $2945 per person)
- Guided fishing trips (Cebolla Creek, San Juan Waters, Roaring Fork or Crystal River, NM Enchanted Circle Waters, South Platte, Lower Gunnison River)
- Unique Coffee Table hand crafted by Steve Zabel from beetle kill pine with hand painted tiles by Nora Larimer
- Two Bronco tickets on Level 2, 50 yard line
- Three US Air Force Academy Football tickets for USAFA v Utah State
- Two coach tickets for Royal Gorge Railroad
- One of a kind hand-turned aspen vessel by artist (and member) Robert Gray
- Several 1980’s Limited Edition Stamp/Prints of wildlife issued by Trout Unlimited and the Boone & Crockett Club by wildlife artists Bob Kuhn and Guy Coheleach
- Hand tied flies by member Fred Rasmussen
- Three day float/fish for 2 through Gunnison Gorge from Dvorak Expeditions
- Half day Brown’s Canyon Raft trip for 2 from The Adventure Company
- Hand-blown glass vase by Jennifer Nauck-Glass
- Gift certificates for lodging, food, drink, golf, pilates, raft rental, health services, auto repair and more!
- A chance to win cold, hard cash through our Heads or Tails game!
- Many, many more items in our Silent and Live auctions plus bucket and special raffles!
Photos of the Coffee Table hand crafted by Steve Zabel from beetle kill pine with hand painted tiles by Nora Larimer: