The Collegiate Peaks Chapter of Trout Unlimited works in the upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado. The chapter has over 300 members. Its projects run from doing habitat restoration and stream access maintenance to advocating for responsible public policies, and working with a variety of agencies on conservation projects. We offer fly fishing classes, a middle school enrichment program called “Stream Explorers”, have a womens’ group called FlyGals, and sponsor youth fishing derbies. Volunteers put in over 3,000 hours/year. The chapter also provides $9,000 annually for scholarships.
We are also working on an education facility, the Ecosystem Learning Center (ELC), on the banks of the South Arkansas river.
Take a look at our brochure.
Also, please support our sponsors and donors!
- Fly Tying Jamboree 2017 on Saturday, November 11, 2017 2:30 pm at 2:30 pm 2:30 pm: At 2:30 pm we will kick off with the annual Fly Tiers Jamboree, tying flies for charities. This is a great time to get together with other tiers, see other techniques, and contribute to cancer survivor fishing programs. If you’d like to volunteer to tie these flies, please see the list of flies we committed to make. At the same... Read more
- Potluck Dinner 2017 on Saturday, November 11, 2017 5:00 pm at 5:00 pm 5:00 pm: Read more
- Year in Review member meeting 2017 on Saturday, November 11, 2017 6:30 pm at 6:30 pm 6:30 pm: Read more
- Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 6:30 pm at 6:30 pm 6:30 pm: BoD Meeting, Mt Shavano Manor, Salida Read more
- Strategic Planning meeting 2018 on Saturday, January 13, 2018 9:00 am at 9:00 am 9:00 am: Planning 2018. Read more
We have a e-newsletter, published monthly. You can find previous editions in our Newsletter Archive. To receive the newsletter, please email your name and email address at moc.l1508685526iamg@1508685526UTska1508685526ePeta1508685526igell1508685526oc1508685526.