The Collegiate Peaks Chapter of Trout Unlimited works in the upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado. The chapter has over 300 members. Its projects run from doing habitat restoration and stream access maintenance to advocating for responsible public policies, and working with a variety of agencies on conservation projects. We offer fly fishing classes, a middle school enrichment program called “Stream Explorers”, have a womens’ group called FlyGals, and sponsor youth fishing derbies. Volunteers put in over 3,000 hours/year. The chapter also provides $9,000 annually for scholarships.
We are also working on an education facility, the Ecosystem Learning Center (ELC), on the banks of the South Arkansas river.
Take a look at our brochure.
Also, please support our sponsors and donors!
- Member meeting, July 2017 on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 6:00 pm: Member meeting – Boathouse Cantina, Salida Program: Fred Rasmussen, Flaming Gorge + TBD: Bob Good + Jason Willis Read more
- Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 6:00 pm: BoD Meeting, Mt Shavano Manor, Salida Read more
- BV Fishing Derby on Saturday, September 2, 2017 at 9:00 am: The BV Derby, Sept. 2. It’s always the Saturday of Labor Day Week-end. Registration begins at 9:00, fishing is 10:00-11:00, prizes and lunch 11:00-Noon. Volunteers are needed around 8:00 AM. The Optimist club provides a free hotdog lunch for all participants and volunteers; our TU chapter provides T-shirts and prizes. The Optimist Pancake Breakfast also at the same location 7:30-9:30. Read more
- Big Meeting: Landon Mayer presentation on Saturday, September 16, 2017 at 6:30 pm: “Fall Friendraiser” – Steamplant Ballroom, Salida; 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm – Special Presentation, Demos. and Book Signing by Landon Mayer Read more
- Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 6:00 pm: • October 11 – BoD Meeting, Sangre de Cristo Electric meeting room, BV Read more
We have a e-newsletter, published monthly. You can find previous editions in our Newsletter Archive. To receive the newsletter, please email your name and email address at moc.l1501072142iamg@1501072142UTska1501072142ePeta1501072142igell1501072142oc1501072142.
- Stream Explorers 2017: fly fishing at Kelly ponds: Read more
- Stream Explorers 2017: dissolved oxygen and habitats: Read more
- Trout Unlimited presents Stream Explorers for students: Read more
- Helpers needed for Caddis Festival set-up: this Friday!: Read more
- Semi-annual Highway 285 clean-up: May 20th: Read more