The Collegiate Peaks Chapter of Trout Unlimited works in the upper Arkansas River Valley in central Colorado. The chapter has over 300 members. Its projects run from doing habitat restoration and stream access maintenance to advocating for responsible public policies, and working with a variety of agencies on conservation projects. We offer fly fishing classes, a middle school enrichment program called “Stream Explorers”, have a womens’ group called FlyGals, and sponsor youth fishing derbies. Volunteers put in over 3,000 hours/year. The chapter also provides $9,000 annually for scholarships.
We are also working on an education facility, the Ecosystem Learning Center (ELC), on the banks of the South Arkansas river.
Take a look at our brochure.
Also, please support our sponsors and donors!
- Semi-annual Highway 285 cleanup (Fall 2017) on Saturday, October 7, 2017 at 10:00 am: We’re doing our semi-annual Highway 285 cleanup on October 7th. It starts at 10am at the 1806 Rest Stop (sometimes called the Christmas Rest Stop, click here for directions), mile marker 132, about 1 – 1.5 miles south of where State Road 291 cuts off toward Salida. If we have enough people (10 – 12) it only takes about 1... Read more
- Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 6:00 pm: • October 11 – BoD Meeting, Sangre de Cristo Electric meeting room, BV Read more
- Fly Tying Jamboree 2017 on Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 2:00 pm: Read more
- Potluck Dinner 2017 on Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 5:00 pm: Read more
- Year in Review member meeting 2017 on Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 6:30 pm: Read more
We have a e-newsletter, published monthly. You can find previous editions in our Newsletter Archive. To receive the newsletter, please email your name and email address at moc.l1506069883iamg@1506069883UTska1506069883ePeta1506069883igell1506069883oc1506069883.
- Stream Explorers 2017: fly fishing at Kelly ponds: Read more
- Stream Explorers 2017: dissolved oxygen and habitats: Read more
- Trout Unlimited presents Stream Explorers for students: Read more
- Helpers needed for Caddis Festival set-up: this Friday!: Read more
- Semi-annual Highway 285 clean-up: May 20th: Read more